Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Computers Computers Everywhere

My main computer is my MacBook. It has like 112 GB of hard drive space and about 90% of it is used up, thanks to all the photos and videos I took in 2007 and so far in 2008. My desktop computer is a G4 iMac, but I hardly ever use it. It has like 75 GB of space and even though when you add up all the folder sizes you get less than 20 GB used, it reports that there is less than 20 GB of free space. Argh. Marae uses a Blueberry G3 iMac. It has like 10 GB of hard drive space which is 70% used. I also have an old Performa that has mostly educational games on it. It is in storage right now so I'm not sure how big the drive is, but it can't be big.

I am thinking that I should upgrade Marae to the G4 iMac, and put the educational games on the G3 Blueberry iMac, and get rid of the Performa. One less computer sounds good to me right now. It would also free up some desk space to set up an old Apple // computer to see if it still works and if the software still works after being stored away for years. But before I do any of this I need to fix, if possible, the G4 iMac free space problem. And before I do that, I need to make some space on my MacBook in order to move files from the G4 iMac.